When you open PowerSefer for the very first time, your library will be empty. Use the Download screen to add seforim to your library.
All downloaded seforim are displayed in My Library. If you have more seforim than can fit on the screen at once, slide the seforim along the shelf to reveal additional seforim.
Tap a sefer to open it.
To remove a sefer from your library, tap on the shelf beneath the sefer. A delete icon will appear. Tap the delete icon to remove the sefer.
Tap the ribbon to switch to a list view of your library.
Browse seforim by category and subcategory.
Use the search bar to search for seforim by title or author.
The bookmark icon will open a list of all of your notes and bookmarks in any sefer in your library.
Tap on a note or bookmark to open to that location.
Browse downloadable seforim by category and subcategory.
Tap a sefer’s Download button to add it to your library. After the download is complete, you have the option of opening the sefer by tapping the Open button. The sefer will also be available in My Library.
Use the search bar to search for seforim by title and author.
Enter the terms you are searching for in the search bar to search the full text of our entire extensive library at once. This feature requires an internet connection.
Enter the terms you are searching for in the search bar.
Search results will be displayed in descending order of hits. The number of hits (matches) in each sefer will appear along with the name of each sefer.
Tap a result to open the sefer and highlight all matches. If the sefer is not yet in your library, it will first be downloaded to your library.
Tap the left margin of the book to go to the next page, and the right margin to go to the previous page. Alternatively, swipe across the screen to the right to go to the next page, and to the left to go to the previous page.
Press and hold any word to bring up a mini menu. This menu offers you:
- Note – Write a note. When you are finished typing your note, press Enter on the keyboard, and a note icon will be added to the margin of the page. Tap the note to view, edit, or delete your note.
- Bookmark – Add a bookmark at this location. A bookmark icon will appear in the outer margin. Bookmarks are accessible from the Table of Contents sidebar.
- Dictionary/Source – Look up this word in the built-in dictionary.
- Highlight – Bring up a mini-menu that allows you to highlight or underline the current selection.
- Copy – Copy the current selection to the clipboard, to paste the text in any other app.
Tap any chapter in the table of contents to jump directly to that chapter.
Use the search bar at the top of the sidebar to search within a sefer.
Tap any search result to jump directly to that page.
Tap the bookmark icon to see a list of all of your bookmarks in the sefer.